Last updated May 2018
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier that allows us to recognize your device over time (for example so we can maintain a shopping cart of items that you would like to order, or in order to provide you with content we believe will be more relevant to you). For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally, when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud;
- Ask for ratings and/or reviews of our products; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information, marketing communications, or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
- Remember you when you visit this website to keep track of your browsing patterns and to build up a profile of how you and other users use the website;
- Make our website work as efficiently as possible;
- Administer services to you and to advertisers;
Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies. To do this look at the “help” menu on your browser. Switching off cookies may restrict your use of our Site and/or delay or affect the way in which it operates.
We also use your Personal Information to provide you with marketing communications and targeted advertisements we believe may be of interest to you.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. HERA x HERO will never sell your Personal Information for commercial purposes.
We use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- Amazon Pay: https://pay.amazon.com/uk/help/201751600
- PayPal: https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full
- Shopify Payments: https://www.shopify.com/legal
- DHL: https://www.logistics.dhl/gb-en/home/footer/privacy-notice.html
- Postmates: https://about.postmates.com/legal/privacy
- USPS: https://about.usps.com/who-we-are/privacy-policy/welcome.htm
- ShipHero: https://shiphero.com/privacy-data-policy/
Analytics and Marketing Partners
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site--you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Additionally, we share limited information with marketing companies who help us manage our electronic communications with you, carry out product research and reviews to improve our products and services and conduct advertising campaigns on our behalf.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful requests for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at http://optout.aboutads.info or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance at http://www.youronlinechoices.eu.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
Your Order Information cannot be erased while it is:
- Associated with a pending order;
- Associated with an order made fewer than 180 days before the request (the usual window in which a buyer can make a chargeback).
If your Order Information cannot be erased for reasons specified above, please re-submit your deletion request after the appropriate time has passed.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us or mail us using the details provided below:
HERA x HERO
28371 Madison Street
Torrance, CA 90505